Getting a placement
To apply for a placement, you’ll need to talk to your education provider.
We don’t accept requests direct from students.
We accept students from all Australian universities and some Registered Training Organisations (RTOs), including TAFEs and private RTOs.
Your education provider's clinical placement officer organises placement requests and will negotiate on your behalf. We can't negotiate placements with individual students.
Read more about clinical placements on the Queensland Health website.
Placements may be available at the following hospitals and health services:
- Baralaba Multipurpose Health Service
- Biloela Hospital
- Blackwater Multipurpose Health Service
- Capricorn Coast Hospital and Health Service
- Emerald Hospital
- Eventide Home Rockhampton
- Gladstone Hospital
- Mount Morgan Multipurpose Health Service
- Moura Multipurpose Health Service
- North Rockhampton Nursing Centre
- Rockhampton Hospital
- Springsure Multipurpose Health Service
- Theodore Multipurpose Health Service
- Woorabinda Multipurpose Health Service.
Students enrolled in international education facilities
Queensland Health doesn’t enter into Student Placement Deeds with international universities.
If you’d like a placement in a Queensland Health facility, you or your university placement coordinator will need to discuss placements with a Queensland university.
Read more about students enrolled in international education facilities on the Queensland Health website.
We also offer graduate opportunities for nurses and midwives.