Getting a placement

To apply for a placement, you’ll need to talk to your education provider.

We don’t accept requests direct from students.

We accept students from all Australian universities and some Registered Training Organisations (RTOs), including TAFEs and private RTOs.

Your education provider's clinical placement officer organises placement requests and will negotiate on your behalf. We can't negotiate placements with individual students.

Read more about clinical placements on the Queensland Health website.


Placements may be available at the following hospitals and health services:

Students enrolled in international education facilities

Queensland Health doesn’t enter into Student Placement Deeds with international universities.

If you’d like a placement in a Queensland Health facility, you or your university placement coordinator will need to discuss placements with a Queensland university.

Read more about students enrolled in international education facilities on the Queensland Health website.

Graduate opportunities

We also offer graduate opportunities for nurses and midwives.

Last updated: April 2023