Rotations and specialty areas
Your training may include rotations in Rockhampton, Gladstone and Yeppoon hospitals, and Theodore and Emerald GP practices.
As well as your required core terms in surgery, general and emergency medicine, you may also experience:
- geriatrics and rehabilitation
- palliative care
- mental health
- obstetrics and gynaecology.
Benefits of being our intern
The benefits of being an intern in our region include:
- a week long orientation program
- protected weekly teaching sessions
- department and specialty specific teaching
- research opportunities and access to research skills development programs
- guidance and mentoring from medical education officers, registrars, and directors
- career pathway planning
- near to peer mentoring program
- membership to CQHHS RMO Society
- access to courses in advanced life support (ALS), neoResus, and paediatric ALS.
You’ll also have an orientation weekend at a beach resort to network with your fellow interns and experience the region.
Help with your move
If you're relocating, we may be able to help you with accommodation and costs including:
- four weeks shared accommodation on arrival
- reimbursing the costs of domestic flights
- contributing towards other travel and relocation costs.
If you need a working visa, you'll need to apply for a Temporary Graduate visa (Subclass 485).
Find out about our other workplace benefits including remuneration, salary packaging and flexible work arrangements.
You can join one of our intern information sessions at Rockhampton Hospital.
Contact our recruitment team for general enquiries.